About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My motto is, 'Though all the world may forsake me, God Almighty never has nor ever will abandon me, nor will he forsake me." - Resurgam (I Will Rise Again) "To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men." - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Very Unfair State Of The 'New Millennium': Decency Vs. Immorality, Intelligence Vs. Incompetence

Well, I guess when you have lived as long as I myself have, you get to see some wild stuff that would keep you fully awake, day or night. In the last 20 years of my life, I have survived through much hardships, loneliness, heartbreak, and strife. From the time I graduated from Cesar E. Chavez High School up to the present day, I have suffered quite a lot at the hands of my former classmates and indeed many others besides, even among members of my own family. I have had to force myself to find the courage enough to walk openly in my own hometown, and I have never known at which time or moment the pistol, the knife, or some other weapon of my former classmates or some other punk will do its bloody work upon me. And of course, it all makes sense, for when you work hard for your graduation and for your high school diploma, as well as for everything else in your life, as I doubtless have done myself, you make more enemies than you make friends. Ironically, if you act like a hoodlum, a punk, or a base-born miscreant, like so many of my former classmates did and still do even to this very day, you seem to have all the luck that seems to be denied to hardworking, dedicated, honest, and decent people like myself. When you are the latter of these, you seem to always get the rotten end of the bargain, but when you are the former of these, you seem to have far better luck with finding a spouse, finding friends, and an enjoyable way of life. In this post-Y2K generation, honest, decent, hardworking people like myself always get the rotten end of the deal, it seems, just for being and staying like we are. Why that is so, I wish I honestly knew. Unfortunately, I do not.

No comments: