About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My motto is, 'Though all the world may forsake me, God Almighty never has nor ever will abandon me, nor will he forsake me." - Resurgam (I Will Rise Again) "To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men." - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Cesar E. Chavez High School: Where Hard Work Is Ignored In Favor Of Houston's 'New Majority' Every Day

          


           I sometimes used to wonder why I, the only student of my high school class worthy of a high school diploma, was snubbed for the position of its class valedictorian in favor of a luckless idiot named Crystalyn Aguilar, who had gained quite a notorious reputation as the school prostitute of our class.

          Of course, her mother, Maria Aguilar, just happened to be one of the most corrupt teachers in our high school's faculty. She seemed to have large influence on our principal, and apparently she used it to promote her own interests and those of her spoiled, asinine daughter over those of everyone else. Just by chance, she hated me because I was wise enough to reject her daughter's sexual advances. So it was hardly surprising that she pressured our hapless principal to make her precious daughter our class valedictorian, a position that many thought should go to me, in light of my academic qualities and my excellent grades.

           At our graduation in May 2005, at Reliant Arena, it shocked everyone when Crystalyn walked up to assume that position, which she did with such arrogance that one might suggest she had a corn cob up her posterior that particular day. When she concluded her long-winded speech, Crystalyn looked at me with a rather sinister, twisted look in her face. I had to restrain myself from getting into a confrontation with her right there. How I was able to keep my cool with Crystalyn at that time remains a mystery to me even now.

            For those who want to see the arrogant brat who usurped my high school class's valedictorian's post from me in 2005, here she is, still as smug and as arrogant now as she was back then:


No comments: