About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My motto is, 'Though all the world may forsake me, God Almighty never has nor ever will abandon me, nor will he forsake me." - Resurgam (I Will Rise Again) "To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men." - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

Saturday, December 28, 2019

A story of betrayal and heartbreak: The Untold Story Of Myself & Cindy Velez


  It had been about 4 years since I had graduated from the gangster-infested cesspool known as Cesar E. Chavez High School, but if I hoped to entertain any hopes for redemption for my beleaguered soul and my troubled mind, which were ravaged by the endless torture and ceaseless bullying I endured there, they were to be sorely disappointed. It could be said with truth that my college years would be a mere replay of those dark times I endured in Chavez High, only this time, in a far worse kind of way, as every friendship I had ended either in tragedy or in outright betrayal. This is the story of the worst betrayal I ever suffered during the troubled days I endured at Houston Community College, in Houston, Texas.
  In the year 2009, as I started my fourth year in college, I met and befriended a young woman, named Cindy Velez. For the first two months we were together, we seemed to be growing closer to one another. Little did I know that while I trusted Cindy with my life, she was secretly betraying my trust with another man, who just happened to be her old boyfriend. Although she told me that they were separated due to his abusive, drunken behavior towards her and their young son, it appeared that she was playing me for a dupe in favor of her old flame. But this I didn't learn till it was almost too late.
  In that same year, roughly six months after we first met each other, Cindy called me one night from a nightclub on Houston's east side. Slightly short of breath, and sounding more than a little drunk, she told me that it was over between us. She then told me that I was 'below any true woman's standards' and that she 'didn't need a retarded, four-eyed dipstick when she had a high-quality man.' Needless to say, that 'high-quality man' she meant was the very abusive, drunken animal she told me she'd left. In the background, I could hear her 'high-quality man' laughing like a hyena. In disgust, I slammed the phone down and wept bitterly. For a week after that, I stayed in bed, depressed and heartbroken, without eating or doing anything. Two weeks later, I failed a test I was supposed to be studying for when all of this started, and as a result, I flunked the whole year. Rather than repeat the course, I quit college and found a job at a local grocery store in Southeast Houston, near Texas Medical Center.
  As if to add insult to injury, I recently received a video from the very woman who duped and betrayed me, which dates from her wedding night with her 'high-quality man.' It seems like she was intending to remind me of my lack of manhood, and her cruel and evil contempt for me, even though I tried to be sympathetic and hospitable to her. Little good it did for me.


  But, as I always say, quoting Aesop,  "Traitors may expect treachery." Indeed the tramp known as Cindy Velez Romero may one day have to swallow the very treachery that she gave to me in 2009. But I will not be the one to give it to her. Only God Almighty will do that, but not me. The fates of both myself and Cindy, along with all those who have betrayed and used me for their own evil ends, lies not in my hands, but rather in God's divine hands alone.
 And personally, I am quite content with that myself.


No comments: