About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My motto is, 'Though all the world may forsake me, God Almighty never has nor ever will abandon me, nor will he forsake me." - Resurgam (I Will Rise Again) "To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men." - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

Thursday, October 19, 2023

A Life Without Love

For many a man like me,

Love is as easy to find as the sea,

Yet for me, love is as rare as a blue moon,

Hence why I am as lonely as an old buffoon.


I have loved a few ladies, but they never loved me in return,

Their betrayal of me was a venomous sting that left quite a burn,

Yet I never once returned their evil upon them, no indeed,

For I am a far better kind of male breed.


O ladies of the earth, what have I done to make you hate me so?

What evil have I done to you, of which I do not know?

I have never wanted to bring you cruelty, avarice, nor harm,

But rather I seek to bring you love, grace, and charm.


As I live a life without love,

I look up to God on His throne above,

And I ask Him, "Why do you leave me without a lady?"

And so far, He has not yet answered me.


A life without love is the life I am currently living,

For me, it is the most bitter sort of thing,

If only women could see me as I truly am, and not what I seem to be,

Then perhaps they might find that I can make them happy.

No comments: