About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My motto is, 'Though all the world may forsake me, God Almighty never has nor ever will abandon me, nor will he forsake me." - Resurgam (I Will Rise Again) "To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men." - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

Sunday, September 5, 2021

A Lonely Man

 

While the earth rotates,

While other men enjoy romantic dates,

Here I stand, lost and lonely,

And I walk in heartbreak, which no one can see.


While other men have someone to love,

While God smiles on other men from heaven above,

I stand alone in a dry and empty bowl,

And upon me does loneliness take its ultimate toll.


For other men, love is easy to have and find,

For me, love runs away like someone who is so unkind,

Loneliness is what truly engulfs my unhappy life,

Like a hurricane, which leaves behind such destruction and strife.


Oh God, I do pray for relief from this painful loneliness,

My pain and suffering are more than I myself can address,

I pray and entreat to God Almighty to relieve me,

For I am quite indeed so very lost and lonely.


No comments: